Not too long ago, Chrissie of Vamp It Up Manchester nominated me for a Liebster Award. I’d seen this thing floating around other blogs and had thought “good for you,” but really had no idea what it was. Bear with me. I can be a total noob.
Apparently, the Liebster Award is a kind of made up award that other bloggers can pass on to fellow bloggers that they think are rocking it at what they do and need some sweet recognition. This is such a cool idea! I like that someone else that does what I do looked at my stuff and thought it was awesome. That’s a really great compliment and I kind of needed one.
Part of the deal is to tell a little about yourself, so here’s a few things you may or may not know:
- I secretly love anime. I used to pretend that I didn’t, but I’m kind of obsessed lately. It’s all I want to watch…and rewatch. I loved FMA, obviously, as well as Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. We picked up Noragami recently and I’m itching to dig into it again.
- I’m really flighty with my own future. Today I want to be this and tomorrow I’ll want to be that. Do I really know who I am yet? Or am I too much to be defined? I don’t know. It makes my head hurt.
- I adore my nose ring and pray that I will never have to take it out for a job. It has such a small affect on my appearance that I wish my performance could make up for it in the eyes of an employer. I love my nose ring. Period.
- I’m so basic/hipster that I should hate myself, but who the hell cares. I love iced Dunkin Donut’s coffee and comfy, knockoff Uggs in the winter. I love leggings because I’ve gained 15lbs this winter. I like music that isn’t the norm, like Florence and the Machine or Hozier (although they’ve become norm). And SRIRACHA EVERYTHING.
- As much as I love the art and storytelling of video games, I rarely ever sit down to play them. There’s always something else that I should be doing. When I do sit down, ten minutes later I want to do something else. I really enjoy watching others play games. That’s how I used to hang out with my brother and how I knew everything about LoZ: Ocarina of Time.
- I say that I love Horror movies but squirm like a bitch in the theater seats. Isn’t the point of a horror movie to be scared? I hate it while I’m watching it, but love it when it’s all over. The only thing I can’t stand are straight up hacker/slasher flicks.