Last month I signed up for Chaotic Goddess Swaps, joining in on their 12 Days of Christmas Swap. Each person in the swap was paired off with another swapper and hooked up for a little get to know one another session via email. I was very lucky and found myself paired up with one of the hosts, Angie. Turns out, we seemed to be a lot alike.
Not only did she send me twelve fabulous gifts, but I made a friend on the other side of the country. I definitely enjoyed this swap and plan on joining more as long as funds permit. It’s a cool way to make friends across the blogging community (as well as give cool gifts and receive cool gifts).
Angie sent me twelve individually wrapped gifts, each with a little open date and hand written note. They looked adorable piled beneath my tree once hubs actually let me sift through all of them. He was afraid I’d spoil the surprise for myself by shaking all of them.
- Peppermint Bark Hershey Kisses: I will admit that I opened these a day early as they weren’t wrapped and were definitely calling my name I love peppermint and chocolate during the holiday season.
- Holiday Nail Files: While I have almost no nails (they’re just too damn frail), I plan on passing these along to my sister-in-law who will love them. The gift wasn’t wasted, it seemed to be meant for more than just me and I was happy to share.
- Mermaid Glitter Crayola Crayons: I was just as perplexed as you, but a little note said they’d work wonders with the next day’s gift.
- Adult Coloring Book: I love these, but never permitted myself to get one. Angie did it for me and found the most wonderful, whimsical floral version. I love flowers and botanical things. Score.
- Notes and Pen Set: This cute little set makes me want to write a personal note to everyone I know across the country, especially Angie. I’ve met so many wonderful friends while hubs was in the military and this set seems like a calling to send them some snail mail.
- Betty Crocker Salted Caramel Cookie Mix: MMMMMMM. Mom and I whipped these up for our holiday baking and added more salted caramel to them! I told Angie that I loved to cook and bake. How did she also know I liked salted caramel?
- Holiday Spa Slippers: I didn’t open these for the sake of the photo op, but I’m itching to now. My feetsies could use a little pampering. This was cute, especialy considering I sent her something similar!
- Holiday Naughty/Nice Spatula: I’m pretty sure we used this to make those cookies. Quirky kitchen utensils is kind of my thing and this fit in so wonderfully that I’m sure I’ll use it all year round. Why not?
- Peppermint Bark Candle: Candle and Peppermint Bark? Yes. Please.
- Bath and Body Works Peppermint Twist Lotion: I haven’t splurged on a nice lotion for myself in quite some time. Bath and Body Works lotion feels so wonderful on the skin and the peppermint added a cool twist. Just don’t use too much then try to eat something savory. I did. It sucked.
- Vertical Wall Calendar: I don’t remember telling Angie that I liked florals. I definitely don’t look like the kind of girl that would, but she surprised me with this sweet wall calendar adorned with more florals. It’s already hanging on my living room wall.
- This Huge Ass Mug: OMFG this thing is HUGE and I LOVE IT. Um, it might be an all year round kind of mug now. I definitely love my mugs. My mother said I needed another one like I needed a hole in the head and she’s kind of right. Still, I hate all of my other Christmas mugs and this beauty blew me away.
All in all, THANK YOU, Angie. You found a way to make me feel special every single morning. I hope that she’s enjoying her gifts. I’m nervously waiting to see her post since two of the gifts were handmade items. I love seeing people enjoy the things I give them!